Place Broglie (Strasbourg)/en
In the Middle Ages, the square hosted the horse market and was also used for public celebrations. It was a popular place for nobles to build their residences and mansions as it afforded them a clear view of all that was going on in the square. In 1740, place Broglie was planted with linden trees and turned into a promenade, under the guidance of Marshall de Broglie. The old municipal theatre, now the Opéra national du Rhin, was completed at the beginning of the 19th century and closes off one end of the square1.
- Totem patrimoniaux (Strasbourg), 2020, traduction Ville de Strasbourg