Loading...

Hôtel du préfet (Strasbourg)/en

From Archi-Wiki

2 place du Petit Broglie, 19 rue Brûlée

Image principale


Chargement de la carte...

Date de construction 1730 à 1736
Architecte Jean Pierre Pflug
Structure Hôtel particulier

Date de construction 1747
Architecte Joseph Massol
Courant architectural régence
rococo

Date de construction 1861
Sculpteur Eugène Dock
Structure Statue/sculpture/oeuvre d'art

Date de démolition partielle 1870
Structure Hôtel particulier

Date de reconstruction 1872 à 1877
Architecte Edouard Roederer
Jean Geoffroy Conrath

Date de extension 1942
Courant architectural néo-XVIIIe siècle

Classement Monument Historique 20/6/1921
Classement Monument Historique 15/5/1970
Il n'y a pas encore d'actualités sur cette adresse


The Prefect's Hotel

This private mansion was built for Royal moneylender François-Joseph de Klinglin between 1731 and 1736. Designed with a courtyard in front and a garden at the rear by municipal architect Jean-Pierre Pflug, the building shows a predominantly French influence with elements borrowed from local and German traditions. In the siege of 1870, the then headquarters of the Prefecture were burned down by German troops and rebuilt to the original design by Jean-Geoffroy Conrath, keeping the neo-Rococo-style interior. In 1873, the building became the residence of the governor of the Reichsland of Alsace-Lorraine, but is today once again occupied by the Prefect1.  

Références

  1. Totem patrimoniaux (Strasbourg), 2020, traduction Ville de Strasbourg

Contribute to this article

Comments[edit | edit source]

You are not allowed to post comments.