Loading...

Hôtel de Marabail (Strasbourg)/en

From Archi-Wiki

15 rue de l' Arc-En-Ciel

Image principale



Chargement de la carte...

Date de construction 1741
Architecte Jean Pierre Pflug
Ferronnier d'art Sigismond II Falkenhauer
Structure Hôtel particulier
Courant architectural régence

Inscription à l'Inventaire Supplémentaire des Monuments Historiques 25/6/1929
Il n'y a pas encore d'actualités sur cette adresse


The Marabail Mansion

This private mansion was built in 1745 by municipal architect Jean-Pierre Pflug (1713-1748). It is made from yellow sandstone from Wasselonne. The frontage is three stories high and four Regency casement windows across. The remarkable wrought iron features are attributed to Sigismond II Falckenhauer. The property has a mansard roof. The original owner was Georges-Joseph Horrer, advisor to the king and treasurer of the Alsace sovereign council’s chancellery. He sold it in 1764 to war commissioner Antoine de Marabail who lived here until the French Revolution1.  

Références

  1. Totem patrimoniaux (Strasbourg), 2020, traduction fournie par la Ville de Strasbourg

Contribute to this article


Comments[edit | edit source]

You are not allowed to post comments.