Loading...

Ecole Saint-Thomas (Strasbourg)/en

From Archi-Wiki

2 Rue de la Monnaie (Strasbourg)

Image principale
Chargement de la carte...

Date de construction environ 1600
Structure Immeuble
Courant architectural Renaissance

Date de démolition environ 1903

Date de construction 1904 à 1907
Architecte Fritz Beblo
Structure Ecole
Courant architectural Néo-Renaissance
Néo-baroque

Date de rénovation 2004 à 2005
Il n'y a pas encore d'actualités sur cette adresse


Saint-Thomas School

This site was previously occupied by the Hôtel de la Monnaie, from 1756 to 1900. This building was torn down to make way for Saint-Thomas’s, a school designed by Fritz Beblo (1872-1947) in 1907. He had a vision of a palace set on the water. Beblo’s thoughtful architecture reflects the municipality’s ambition to endow Strasbourg with modern, spacious schools. The architecture harks back to a traditional Alsatian style, honouring local features like steep-sloped tiled roofs. With its gables and turrets on the banks of the Ill, the school can be regarded as a reinterpretation of the Alsatian Renaissance1.  

Façade côté Ill

Façade rue de la Monnaie

Références

  1. Totem patrimoniaux (Strasbourg), 2020, traduction fournie par la Ville de Strasbourg